EXPLORERS of the International Federation for Public History is an ongoing space devoted to informing and promoting activities and international debates between historians and other professionals researching or interested in public history.
Our main goal is to encourage conversation and collaboration between scholars, activists, artists, and the public. Follow #ifphexplorers on Twitter @ifphexplorers, Instagram @ifphexplorers and via the IFPH Facebook group as we feature and promote #publichistory projects around the world.
We do monthly recorded events. Come and do an event with us! For additional details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On March 22, 2023, the IFPH Explorers, #ifphexplorers, features historians Matilde Eiroa San Franciso and Sergio Galvez Biesca who will present their work about the crimes against international law committed during the Franco rule in Spain. This event will be in Spanish.
Time: 10:00 am EST. We hope to see you there!
- March 15, 2023: La Tagua: recurso sostenible en artesanía. Conversación con Juan Cesar Bonilla y Julia Patricia Vergara
- Feb 15, 2023: Amor sin Temor-Love Without Fear: Planning and Counselling Latinx Families in the Postwar United States
- Feb 1, 2023: A conversation with Thomas Cauvin about his book, Public History: A Textbook of Practice (2nd Edition.)
- Feb 1, 2023: ChatGPT, A.I., & History: A Roundtable Discussion
Catch up on some of our past events in 2022. For the full list visit our Vimeo Channel:
- Dec 14.2022: “Representations of Modern Latin America“: Discussion with Iona University students.
- Dec 7.2022: “Transmedia Storytelling: Telenovelas y series: ¿los nuevos profes de historia?”
- Nov 19.2022: “Between the West and East: Public History in Japan” with research findings from Public Historians in Japan
- Nov 2.2022: “Public History, Identity, and Political Uses of the Past” with conversations from Public Historians in Brazil
- Oct 26.2022: “Public History and Video Games” with discussions from Public Historians in Canada and Australia